The roots of charity law and charitable organisations in India can be found in various religious beliefs and practices. Historically in India, religious organisations, worked towards helping the poor to improve their conditions. This led to the genesis of voluntary organisations committed to charity work.
ATMA Foundation is a Voluntary Organisation based out of Thrissur, Kerala, working for individual empowerment of children, women and senior citizens, and seeks to stimulate creative discussions for holistic solutions.
We arrange programmes for individual development and community service. It includes:
Initiatives to promote volunteerism in people of all age groups and backgrounds, and capacity building programmes to empower volunteers with the values, skills, attitudes and abilities for individual development and community service
- EC (Empowerment & Compassion) Groups: Weekly guided group sessions for ATMA Volunteers to share their thoughts, ideas and concerns. Helps to gain a deeper insight into oneself and understand others. It is also a powerful programme for conflict resolution and team development .
- Family Betterment Sessions: Every month, ATMA volunteers, along with their families, get together and spend an evening discussing the activities of the past month, upcoming events, and any other relevant social issues.
- Festvals & Celebrations: The ATMA Family celebrates festivals like Vishu, Onam Christmas, New Year, etc with special get-togethers.
- Volunteers’ Conclave: Full day or Half Day Volunteers’ conclaves are organised, to discuss the current work and the roadmap for the future.
- Trainings & Workshops: ATMA Volunteers actively attend trainings and workshops by expert agencies in relevant fields.
ATMA has grown into a reputed Voluntary Organisation, actively engaging with the community through various development initiatives. Your donation can make a real difference in your community. The knowledge that you’re helping others is hugely empowering and, in turn, can make a real difference in your community. The knowledge that you’re helping others is hugely empowering and, in turn, can make you feel happier and more fulfilled. We make it easy to find a donation that’s working for causes important to you. Your own charitable donations can inspire your nearest and dearest to give to causes important to them, and could even bring about a family-wide effort to the development of the nation.
For more information please click www.atmafoundation.org